Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Breathing New Life

Twelve years ago, I began writing here, North of Everything, but it's been more than six years since I dusted this place off.

I'm back!

This space will be reserved for all things creative.  I'll share my thoughts about, and experiences with, writing, painting, editing, building, publishing, and so on.  Hopefully, I'll hear back from many of you.

For now, I invite you to scroll back through my previous posts.  I had fun walking back through them.  Some I deleted, some I almost deleted, and some I left.

Most of the discussion of writing here will be of craft and process.  There are better writers than I, believe me I know, but I'll share my take on things, in exchange for your responses, and hopefully overall it'll be a growth experience.

We'll leave politics, religion, and money out of the posts, but not out of the creative writing.  That means we can explore how we might write about these topics, but we won't argue the topics themselves here.  There are plenty of other online places to do that.

Generally, we'll be positive.  If someone's discouraged or having a bad day creatively, we'll be here for each other, but any post like, "All publishing is hopeless. It's all corrupt," or some such will be deleted.  

Okay, I think that's it.  Look for regular posts here, and I'll look for responses.  Hopefully, it'll be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea. I'm up for talking about ABP (anything but politics), and always about writing!

    ReplyDelete